Ensuring your maintenance is up to standard
Lift, Escalator and Suspended Access systems require a schedule of routine maintenance and examination to ensure safety and reliability – work usually carried out by a specialist lift maintenance contractor.
The Gerald Honey Partnership can ensure the quality and effectiveness of your maintenance contract through our comprehensive range of lift maintenance management services.
- Service Quality Audit reports – A survey designed to highlight the quality of the current maintenance regime.
Download an Example Survey Report.
- Bespoke maintenance contracts – Contracts designed to suit your individual needs and requirements
- Health & Safety advice – It is recommended by some insurers that current safety equipment and upgrades are completed to provide a safe working environment – BSEN81:80
- Processing statutory insurance reports – All lift equipment should have a current insurance certificate. – Lift Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998. (LOLER)
– All passenger carrying lift equipment should be examined by a competant person at intervals not exceeding 6 months. – (LOLER)
- Management and supervision of maintenance contracts
- Budgeting information for any recommended work
Our lift consultancy will save you money and give you peace of mind by identifying problems before they occur. Avoiding repeated breakdowns, accidents or expensive and disruptive emergency repairs.